I got the first batch of French Cavalry out of the way the other day – two squadrons of Lancers of the Guard. That’s them in the photo with Le Brouchet – it is there so you can get a size comparison. The basing is not finished yet – mostly because I am trying to decide whether to flock or not.
I learned a lot from the first batch of 2mm figures I painted. The lessons were:
- They are quick to paint – really – really very quick
- It is next to impossible to paint between the figures so next time the painting order will be:
- Undercoat the figures
- Paint the base colour (Goblin Green from Games Workshop in this case) between the horses
- Now paint the rest of the figure starting from the tunic colour, then flesh, then hat/helmet/whatever’s on the head/horse/pennant
Still, the figures are so quick to paint. I will have at another batch this weekend I think.