It was back on 2 January 2007 in an earlier version of Thomo’s Hole that I noted:
Er, and for consistency, have you heard this one before?
I still have that research on the French-Thai War of 1940-41 – just not with me at the moment. It is done – just the articles need to be written. Aircraft in 1/300th scale have been purchased for this as well. The research I have with me. The aeroplanes are still in Australia. I will get to this eventually. I had pressed my Old mate Bill in Boston into service in this regards too and hopefully I will be able to bring up an article on the Battle of Koh Chang as a starter. I almost made it to Koh Chang this Christmas to have a look around … next holiday down this way.
Well, I need to add to that:
- Er, I did not get to Koh Chang … although it is still on my list of places to visit
- I do still have all my research notes for this
- I do still have the 1/300th scale aircraft – they are under the house at mum’s and I will get them out for some paint this year … maybe
- I do have access to the appropriate Conway’s for ship details as well so will get around to writing that up as well. I’ll also look for appropriate ship models to allow the Battle of Koh Chang to be recreated on the tabletop … perhaps with it being a little less one-sided this time
- And maybe, just maybe, I might do something based around Blitzkrieg Commander for some land battles (which really never occurred apart from the odd artillery bombardment near as I can see but which would make an interesting addition for a wargame).
So yes, Gunna Thomo will get around to it … honest!