I’ve just been having a look at the visitors to Thomo’s Hole over the past 6 months. There has been a growth in readership here with the most popular articles being:
- Korean Soldiers in WW2 German Army (by a long way – also this has drawn the most comments, both polite and vehement)
- Cancon 2009 (which I think is because of its title, it appears in many search results for Cancon regardless of the year)
- Fire and Fury Idiots Guide to Painting American Civil War Figures (which is a simple painting guide especially useful for painting 6mm and 15mm figures)
- Marie Callas Clairvoyant and …? (on the clairvoyant and snake oil saleswoman – dowser … really. This has also been one of the most commented posts in the Hole here and I will maybe do some more about her as well if only to warn people about this evil woman and her minions)
- Colour Schemes of WW1 Warships and the related WW1 Merchant Navy Camouflage Patterns also get many hits
What does this tell me?
Well, given the distribution of the visitors and the mix of articles that are popular, folks stop in here that aren’t wargamers as well as members of the wargaming fraternity. It also tells me that I do not need to split the blog but that I can keep the wargames articles and the other material together.
I also notice that even when a post is old (such as the one about the witch Callas), it still continues to get hits so the search engines can find them.
What am I missing? Well, in the 25,000 folks who stopped by in the last 6 months, my reader in Barrow, Alaska has not returned. I also wonder why no one in Madagascar has stopped by (not just in the last 6 months but in fact in the last two years). No one has visited from Papua/New Guinea either. Previously I had a visitor from the Falklands as well, although them being missing is made up for by the visitors from Terra del Fuego.
I will be travelling soon so we can expect some more general content in the next couple of weeks as well as an increase in the wargaming content. I also need a new PC but that is a whole other matter and one that I will write up, especially as Hewlett Packard are really starting to annoy me with the saga of my old laptop.
But now I believe it is time for a light libation! Cheers and I’ll talk to you all again soon.