In Thomo’s Armies 1 – Late Roman I described the army I had in 15mm. I spent some time this morning and worked out the contents of that army against the DBMM lists (book 2). The next target is to see how much I remembered correctly this weekend when I go to Mum’s to fetch the figures.
So, I collected the figures and I have more or less a Late Imperial Roman Army. When I built this I had too many of some elements and not enough of others, however, now I can make the following for DBMM 2.0:
|1||CnC – Reg Cv(O)||28||28|
|2||Sub General – Reg Cv(O)||28||56|
|2||Clibinarii – Reg Kn(X)||13||26|
|4||Equites – Reg Cv(O)||8||32|
|6||Equites Illyriciani – Reg LH(O)||5||30|
|2||Equites Sagittarii – Reg LH(F)||5||10|
|4||Equites Sagittarii Indigenae – Irr LH(F)||4||16|
|16||Legionarii – Reg Bd(O)||7||112|
|16||Auxilia Palatina – Reg Ax(S)||5||80|
|2||Auxilia Palatina Sagittarii – Reb Bw(O)||5||10|
|8||Legionary Archers – Reg Ps(O)||2||16|
|8||Auxiliary Archers – Reg Ps(O)||2||16|
|4||Skirmishers – sling Reg Ps(O)||2||8|
So, that is one army that is possible for Cancon for 2011 (although I will need to reduce the contents a little as I think that competition is 375 AP per army).
I’ll look at the hairy barbarians later.