As one of the about 100 projects I have started at the moment (I really am a wargame butterfly, floating from bright flower to bright flower), I started the basing of my Polemos Ancients. I have three Baccus 6mm armies in various stages of completion:
- Pontic – unpainted
- Numidian – painted and attached to bases – flocking to be done
- Imperial Roman – painted but waiting for me to attach 150 decals to 6mm shields and then base.
I thought then a quick update well in order, especially as I haven’t posted anything for a while.
The photo above is of the raw materials laid out – the figures, MDF bases and adhesive magnetic tape. At my favourite stationery store, Stationery Superstore in Funan Digital Mall ((incidentally, my favourite mall here in Signapore as well)) here in Singapore I have discovered a nice range of magnetic tape. They are in rolls with widths of 15mm, 20mm and 30mm – what could be better for a wargamer. They also do a very nice inexpensive stackable storage box, but more on that later, perhaps. So, the photo above shows the basic materials for this stage of the process.
The next step is sorting the figures to the bases. The Numidians being a basically skirmishing army are fairly spread out on the bases so each base will contain 8 infantry and either 4 or 5 horse. The Numidians have been painted as lighter skinned with differing coloured shields and tunics. The traditional view was of darker skin and unbleached tunics along with plain shields but hey, these look nice and will morph well into other armies when needed <—wargamer’s excuse for something a little out of the ordinary!
A quick snip with the cutters, a dob of glue, in this case, Tarzan’s Grip from Australia, and the figures are adhered to the base. ready for flocking later.
Next step is on to the Romans.