The paint used on the tanks was Vallejo from the Battlefront British Paint set with Tamiya weathering whilst the base edges and the building were painted with Citadel colours. The bases themselves were covered with Citadel sand and some Gale Force Nine flock (the stuff that looks like little rocks). I then used the Baccus 6mm basing system for the wash and the three dry brush shades. Two tanks and the house had static grass from Baccus used for the greenery, the rest used Citadel static grass.
I also tried a final Devlan Mud (Citadel) wash on the base for the farm house to see if it improved appearances. It didn’t.
Next up on the painting queue this week are 4 x BA-10 to experiment with the Russian green before launching into the rest of the Russian tanks and starting to deal with 6mm decals again. I read somewhere that the light tanks in Russian WW2 service did not carry markings.
I must admit, the British tank green looks the part on these vehicles. I went very light with the weathering. I started using the mud colour but that just disappeared into the vehicle so I changed to the sand and dust colours. I concentrated it on the track areas with a light brush across the rest of the vehicle. Looks quite good and if I can ever come to terms with my macro lens I’ll try for a close up.
This has provided a week bit of a painting spurt for me. Hopefully it means that I will get my ACW Union finished this year as well.