I had ordered some Burmese – enough for one DBA army both as an opponent for the Khmer and because I needed to purchase 4 Khmer crossbowmen. I didn’t feel like sending an order to Ian Kay at Irregular Miniatures for four figures so he ended up getting the order for the Burmese. I reckon when I get around to the Indonesians and Malay I’ll be on to Grumpy’s figures.
The figures arrived very quickly from Irregular, taking about 7 days from order to delivery. In fact they arrived a few days sooner than I expected.
I put the magnetic material on the bottom of the MDF bases before starting on the figures.
I set to work with file and X-acto knife on the figures, cleaning the flash. Some of the figures had a fair bit of flash but it was fairly easy to clean off. Irregular seems to use a softer metal than some other manufacturers.
Once the flash was cleaned off the figures were attached to bases ready for the flocking to come.
There was no need to trim bases in this batch like I had to with the Khmer as there are no real close order troops in the Burmese army.
The elephant is a beast however. I have managed to delete my fingerprints again – I guess I’ll be using my plan B key at the office to get in tomorrow morning as the fingerprint reader is not going to be able to read me.
There are so many crew for the elephant – in fact two of them fell off just after the photos were taken. I’ve decided to leave them off tonight and will attempt to glue them on tomorrow night after all the other glued on blokes have had a chance to let the glue cure.
I decided to finish off this blog post with a couple if pictures of the elephant to give you an idea of how much of a beast it is.