I decided that there were a couple of things hanging around near the painting table that were just gathering dust so before I started on the next step of the Khmer/Burmese/Aeronef/WW2 Russians/WW2 Hungarians whatever, I should tidy some of this up.
One of the items was a part painted Polybian Roman army for my 6mm DBA project – remember, that was the project I started about two years ago when I first got to Singapore. I have the Numidians completed and the Romans half done and frankly, the dust layer on the Romans was thick. Out with a brush last night then to clean up the figures and then start some more painting. At this point, the Velites are finished and ready for basing whilst the Triarii are nearly finished. The cavalry are about one night’s worth of painting away.
The other item part done was mucking around looking for an effective sea base for the naval projects. In the photo above you can see two efforts. The one on the left was using white glue (PVA) and the left hand one using Vallejo Water Effects paint.
After some layered painting the Vallejo Water Effects base looks somewhat like the ocean. I think I will need to finish that model now (yep, another aircraft carrier I do not need) to see the final effect.
Tonight however, after leftovers for dinner, it’ll be more 6mm Roman painting.