Day One of painting the Nubians in about 5 days (did I really say 5 days — plan B is looking better and better all the time!) was completed with a night out with an old business contact and friend. That consisted of Pizza, Beer, watching Liverpool go 4-0 up against Arsenal before we started our second beer and then a beer or 10 at the infamous four floors of whores (Orchard Towers).
Painting therefore finished early on Day 1. Over the first day however I managed to:
- clean the figures up a bit
- glue the shields on (and in a couple of cases, glue the shields in multiple times), firmly adhere my finger to my metal paint stirrer (thank you to the lady for the use of her nail polish remover)
- glue the figures to some pre-cut MDF bases. With the psiloi I am trying a slightly different technique but I will talk about that when the army is finished
- sprinkle some sand and rocks to the bases to set them up for a desert appearance
- spray undercoat the lot in Army Painter brown.
The last task was managed just before putting my shirt on to go out so the man cave had a wonderful smell of sprayed paint when I did finally get home.
Day 2 painting continues later today.