I do have smaller figures Anthony

Anthony has often teased me about my love of 6mm figures, with the usual remarks about too small to paint, too small to see and so on.

I thought then I should show him some of my 2mm figures. These are painted for Land Ironclads and Aeronefs. The figures are from Irregular Miniatures and form part of the French contingent for my Peshawar project, when I get around to doing some more on that.

The grid in the pictures is 10mm square. There is also a beer bottle top there for reference to size.

10 thoughts on “I do have smaller figures Anthony

1. TWR 11 January 2015 / 5:15 pm

2mm figures can actually look really great, and yours certainly do! Excellent presentation.

I’ve played a couple of games with 2mm figures using Volley & Bayonet. My recollection was that they made my 6mm figures, that I normally use for Volley & Bayonet, seem like giants.

• Thomo the Lost 12 January 2015 / 7:56 pm

Volley and Baynet – does that use a base for a unit – or so many elemtns per unit?

2. BC 11 January 2015 / 7:39 pm

2mm…………..The way forward! The scale makes a game look like a battle – the absolute antithesis of the lumbering 28mm jugernaut.

3. kodiakblair 15 January 2015 / 10:18 pm

Good to see your 2mm. I switched over to 2mm Ancients a few years back for a DBA travel set,changed my mind and went for Mons Graupiaus at a 1:2 ratio. Best move I ever made.

More power to you Sir

• Thomo the Lost 16 January 2015 / 10:41 am

I must admit, I have been looking more and more at 2mm for a couple of projects at the back of my mind, so not just the Aeronefs. Travelling a lot as well, the 2mm are easy to move from place to place, simple to pack. The challenge is identifying units on the table but I suspect that is just a change in the way I look at the figures

• kodiakblair 16 January 2015 / 1:32 pm

To help identify troops, apart from colours ,I use different basing styles.Legions are 3 blocks deep,Hoplites 4 and Pike 2. Warbands etc are 150,180 or 240 strong.

Cavalry are 84 from regular and either 72 or 96 for irregular. Elephants and heavy chariots are a healthy 4 models with light chariots numbering 7 models.

The great thing is space saving,my 700 odd bases live in 20 slim A4 box-files.They’re just
        20mm deep so even with the terrain everything fits on a 600mm shelf.

• Thomo the Lost 17 January 2015 / 9:54 am

Another Hmm, I think I have a planning session set for 2015 tomorrow over a quiet beer. I can see some scratchings coming up on a pad πŸ™‚

4. Paul OG 28 January 2015 / 2:17 am

Brilliant Thomo! I use Irregular’s 2mm troops for Land Ironclads too (I have a fondness for the rules, being a co-author!) though I must admit that I have a sad amount of hem in an unpainted state.

Yours in a white wine sauce,
    Paul

• Thomo the Lost 28 January 2015 / 8:41 am

Unpainted? Did you say unpainted? I also have a kilo or 10 of them unpainted, not to mention the ironclads themselves and then there are the aeronefs πŸ™‚