Oops, did I order that many?

“Sir Ian, there is a parcel for you”.

With those words from the Concierge at the condo, I was handed two cards from the PhilPost Central Makati Post Office telling me there were two parcels there. Now I was expecting a cover for my LG tablet, a couple of books and some wargame figures (English Civil War 6mm to be exact). I wondered which two parcels they would be. I had a meeting in Pasay in the morning then thought I would come back to the Post Office as it would be lunchtime. I prepared to travel back in time to 1954.

I dropped in and handed the cards over with my ID card. In record time the staff returned with two parcels for me – a small envelope and a huge box from Amazon.com. I had one of those moments looking at the box, paid the 224 pesos for the retrieval of the two parcels and returned home for lunch (and to open the parcels of course).

The stack that came out of the box
The stack that came out of the box

The small envelope certainly contained a cover for my tablet. I then opened the large Amazon box and found 7 books there, 5 more that I had recalled.

Oops.

At least none of the books were repeats of books I had previously purchased and I recall now that I had purchased a few book as they were all in my sphere of interest.

Next time I think I will leave a note to myself on the fridge with details of each order. Then again, opening the parcel was like Christmas as I had not remembered what I ordered so each book was a pleasant surprise.

The loot is shown below! Oops, I did I order that many? I guess I did.

7 thoughts on “Oops, did I order that many?

1. Greg Kelleher 9 December 2016 / 7:03 am

Ian, I’d be interested in what you think of Iain Dickie’s book on wargaming.

Cheers.

• Thomo the Lost 10 December 2016 / 1:21 pm

I’ll stick it in my bag for weekend reading along with wargaming the Paraguayan War … And all the unread stuff on my Kindle of course

2. Doug 9 December 2016 / 10:05 am

Ironic you spent all that money on a book called ‘wargaming in a budget’..

Liked by 1 person

• Thomo the Lost 10 December 2016 / 1:26 pm

I am hoping that in some cases budget will equal small. Space is a premium here as is finding the building and other materials I am used to from Oz, Norway the UK and Singapore.

Chapter One. Sell those expensive paper books and buy more figures.

3. Anthony 9 December 2016 / 1:03 pm

I thought you didn’t believe in Wargaming Budgets?

• Thomo the Lost 10 December 2016 / 1:29 pm

I might not believe but my wallet constantly displays the reality check