I have some of the older wargaming books, such as Don Featherstone’s Wargames and the like, on my bookshelf at mum’s. Over the years, however, time has not been kind to some of them, or they have been lent to friends unremembered who have never returned them, or they have just been lost.
Cruising Amazon Kindle recommended reads last night, one book from John Curry popped up, Donald Featherstone’s Lost Tales: Including Wargaming Rules 300 BC to 1945. At $8.27 for a Kindle version it was impossible to resist. Another 10 minutes “browsing” the recommended reads from that purchase and I had acquired Kindle copies of:
- Tony Bath’s Ancient Wargaming: Including Setting up a Wargames Campaign and the Hyborian Campaign
- Donald Featherstone’s Solo-Wargaming
- Donald Featherstone’s Complete Wargaming: Revised Edition
- Charlie Wesencraft’s Practical Wargaming
- Paddy Griffith’s Napoleonic Wargaming for Fun
So for less that $50, some classic reading and a copy permanently up in the cloud so I won’t lose them again!
I’m resisting browsing there again until after next payday!