Soviet Naval Fleet — Modern Naval Wargaming

I received some decals from Flight Deck Decals which allowed me to complete my modern Soviet fleet. Pictures below. Vessels are from Navwar and are in 1/3000 scale. These were finished in late 2019 – actually, they are not quite finished. I need to add air support to these – will be sometime in the next couple of months using 1/1200 scale aircraft and helicopters.

7 thoughts on “Soviet Naval Fleet — Modern Naval Wargaming

1. Pete S/ SP 24 February 2020 / 8:19 am

A very impressive collection.

Cheers,

Pete.

• Thomo the Lost 24 February 2020 / 8:47 am

That’s four modern fleets now, Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Soviet. I have some more modern Japanese on order from HLJ Japan. Fujimi has some 1/3000 plastic vessels.

2. Miko Burgh 12 March 2021 / 3:57 am

The decals look great. Do you know if NAVWAR is still trading? I want to place and order but I am a bit afraid.

• Thomo the Lost 12 March 2021 / 10:56 am

Hi Miko – I believe Navwar is still trading, it is their archaic ordering method that throw people off 🙂

He turns orders around in about 7 to 10 days and the only true delays these days may be the mail services. Anyway, you can send him a fax (there is PC software to emulate that) or a snail mail – they are the two ordering options.

Decals are from flight deck decals (https://www.flightdeckdecals2400.com/). Don’t be thrown by the 2400 – he also matches the Navwar vessels. Both Navwar and Flight Deck Decals are reliable and I’ve not had a problem with either, and with Navwar I have been ordering on and off and to multiple different countries since the 1980s.

• Milo Burgh 13 March 2021 / 4:44 pm

Thanks Thomo, I just posted an order for NAVWAR by snail mail. I tried the fax but didn’t work. I hope it arrives…
        Bytheway, I spelt my name wrong, it is Milo, not Miko (k besides l…)

• Thomo the Lost 13 March 2021 / 5:45 pm

LOL, fat finger error is the technical term for that. 😀

Where did you post your snail mail from?

• Milo Burgh 13 March 2021 / 5:50 pm