Landwaster has been an annual competition on the DBA calendar in Australia for a number of years now. Mercifully for the plague-infested world, it comes along late in the year and as most of Australia seems to have a lid on the plague currently (touch wood and whistle), this year Landwaster is on. Unlike previous years, this year it is moving temporarily from Canberra to Goulburn on Sunday 22nd November 2020 at the Goulburn Workers Club, 1 McKell Pl Goulburn NSW.
David Lawrence, the organiser, noted:
Landwaster is a happening thing and we have had an initial rush of entrants – but we still have room for more. The doors to the club will open at 10:00AM and the first game will kick off at 10:30AM.
There will be a charge of $10 per entry to cover the hall hire and trophies.
He further notes, that with regards to meeting a COVID safe environment for the DBA games:
… for the present environment all players must use their own army, terrain, dice and measuring sticks. For this reason I am not offering up my stable of armies or terrain.
The usual suspects as sponsors for the tournament have been rounded up and are:
- Brian Hall of Hall of Ancient Warriors will be providing the first place trophy
- Ray Compton of Essex Miniatures Australia will be providing discount vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Mick Sellman of Mick’s Metal Models will be providing an army as the Magister Militum Prize
- Dean Bedlington of Olympian Games will be providing prize vouchers for the Executioner Award, Mithradates Trophy and Last Place
- Barry Scarlett of Leadbears Tufts will also be providing a voucher for all of the above awards.
There s a limit of 20 entries to maintain suitable social distancing so the entries will be recorded based on email timestamps and capping the entries at 20.
Come and join them for the premiere DBA event of the ACT and surrounds (I will, alas, be watching from afar, from the Philippines). David goes on to note that “for the Canberra gamers – remember it is only 1 hour up the road. For Sydney based players I have cut your drive by an hour.”
Come on, sign up and play. After months of lockdowns and quarantine, blow the dust of the armies and have some face-to-face games again.
See the flyer attached here Landwaster 2020 Flyer (PDF)