It was about three years ago (maybe four), that I last attended the blessing of the fleet in Ulladulla, New South Wales, Australia. This traditionally occurs each Easter holiday break and involves all the trawlers from the fishing fleet there being blessed for the coming year.
The three days that this occurs over sees Ulladulla turned over to parades, firework displays, fêtes, carnivals, markets and the all important blessing of the fleet itself. This year (2007) the Blessing of the Fleet should be around 8 or 9 April 2007.
The full description of this can be seen here.
I’ve included this post as an archived post so that when folks are searching for something in Thomo’s Hole and that something is in a gallery or on a page (rather than on a post) they have a chance of finding it. So, below are links to various areas of the site. And yes – this is a shortcoming of using a blog as the basis for the home page – I really need to organise better 😉 Gallery (and Albums) through Thomo’s Hole
- Main Gallery Page
- Mongolia Album – images from around Mongolia, both in Ulaanbaatar and the countryside
- Museum Photos
- Korean War Memorial Museum – Photos of Korean armour (armor) and Korean weapons, Ancient History exhibits, Korean War exhibits and material from the time of the Righteous Army and the Japanese assuming control of Korea. The museum is in Seoul (just up from Samgakchi Subway Station). The museum is full of displays of interest to military historians and wargamers in particular, covering the periods from ancient times to the Korean War in particular.
- Koryo Dynasty – Photos of displays from the museum of Korean soldiers around the Koryo Dynasty (918 AD to 1392 AD)
- Three Kingdoms Dynasty (Sam Guk Si Dae) – The Three Kingdoms period of Korean history – 37 BC to 668 AD – the kingdoms of Silla, Paekche and Koguryo – and the small group known as Kaya – not big enough to be a kingdom but an available ally never-the-less.
- Chosun Period – Chosun Dynasty Korean – 1392 AD to 1910 AD – Arms and armour from the Chosun Dynasty of Korean history.
- Korea in the Late 19th Century – The Daehan Army – Korea in late 19th Century – 1885 to 1907.
- Admiral Yi’s Turtle Ship – Well, not the real one but rather a half scale model as well as neat painting of Yi SunShin at Hansan-do.
- Korean Army Standards – particularly useful for wargamers, some neat standards from Korean History.
- Royal Thai Air Force Museum – This museum is in Bangkok, Thailand, near Don Muang airport. It has many important exhibits including Boritapatra, Curtiss Hawk 75N and others – well worth the visit.
- Palace Museum – Taipei, Taiwan. When the Chinese Civil War stopped on the mainland and the Nationalists fled to Taiwan, they fled with the best of the museum exhibits as well. I am slowly adding to this gallery.
- Oddball Stuff – A miscellany of odd signs in English (abuse and misuse of the language) as well as just plain strange sites.
- Wargames and Eye Candy – Pictures of all my wargaming related stuff is included under here including some how-to guides, as well as general wargaming eye candy from the ancient, fantasy, medieval and naval areas in particular
- Places Visited – These are pictures of places I have been to that I found somewhere particularly nice or interesting to photograph. At the time of creating this album I had been to over 50 countries. This album is everywhere except Mongolia.
Static Pages throughout Thomo’s Hole are listed here now as well as basic keywords.
- About Thomo’s Hole … and Thomo – general matters in relation to Thomo’s Hole and to me
- Food –
- History – Links to various historical pages in Thomo’s Hole – also some stubs at the moment
- Cyprus – a Chronology
- Korean War Memorial Museum – One of my favourite museums. Also see the albums in the Gallery here for pictures from the museum
- Naval Matters – a collection of historical and wargames related pages relating to naval matters. One day I’ll structure this better too so that the difference between historical and wargames is better made.
- Poetry – a stub at the moment – will link up later
- Reviews – Books (principally wargame and history related), wargames figures and wargames rules reviewed and opined upon.
- Statistics – just statistics from the Hole
- Travel – tales, notes and oddities from my travels
- Wargames –
- Naval Wargames –
- Janes Naval Wargames Rules – the introduction from the original rules – I am trying to determine the copyright position on these prior to doing any more.
- Fantasy Wargames –
- Ancient Wargames –
- Renaissance Wargames –
- Horse and Musket Wargames –
- American Civil War Wargames –
- Late 19th Century Wargames –
- Early 20th Century Wargames –
- World War II Wargames –
- Modern Wargames –
- Aerial Wargames –
- Miscellany –
- Wargame Ethics – Thomo waxes lyrical on why he does it, how he enjoys it and what “issues” he deals with ethically doing it.
- Downloads – A link to a page of downloads will be added here when I get around to it.
Really, I must get around to getting a better search tool for Thomo’s Hole.
Note that I updated the links on this page to reflect new pages, corrections and the like on 23 February 2009